How to limit TextArea length (SOLVED)

Creative Contact Form is a responsive jQuery contact form with amazing visual effects. You will be surprised by count of all the possible features!
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:01 am

• Hi guys, today and although this is a payment complement, users besides asking for things, we also have to contribute :)

while we wait for this improvement in the next version we can solve it this way. Is not the best way because it affects all the textarea we have, but it is valid

We have to edit the file:

OurWeb/components/com_creativecontactform/helpers/helper.php

And in line 564 in the "value" section add: maxlength = "500" (for example)

Code: Select all
    value="'.$predefined_value.'" cols="30" rows="15" maxlength="500"

The original code is this:

$input_html .= '<textarea class="creative_textarea creative_'.$field_type.' '.$required_classname.' creative_textarea_reset" value="'.$predefined_value.'" cols="30" rows="15" id="'.$element_id.'" name="creativecontactform_fields['.$field_index.'][0]"></textarea></div></div>';

And the result is this:

$input_html .= '<textarea class="creative_textarea creative_'.$field_type.' '.$required_classname.' creative_textarea_reset" value="'.$predefined_value.'" cols="30" rows="15" maxlength="500" id="'.$element_id.'" name="creativecontactform_fields['.$field_index.'][0]"></textarea></div></div>';

Then much better if in the "Toltip text" section of fields we put something like: "Maximum 500 characters"

Although it is a simple change, I always recommend to save the original file, for example calling it helper.php.OLD and make the modifications on a copy. then there is always back.

I hope I have helped
    Good day to everybody :)
    rolser

• Dear Customer

We appreciate your help!
    Thanks
    Best Regards
    Levon

CreativeSolutions
    Levon

Return to Creative Contact Form

Information