ReCAPTCHA Field Doesn't Work (fixed with workaround)

Creative Contact Form is a responsive jQuery contact form with amazing visual effects. You will be surprised by count of all the possible features!

• Hi Creative Solutions,

I'm using Creative Contact form business to display a simple contact form and wanted to use Google ReCAPTCHA plugin. Currently have the Google ReCAPTCHA Joomla! plugin installed & working on our domain on the default Joomla contact form.

Unfortunately the ReCAPTCHA field in CCF doesn't seem to work, even with the correct site/secret keys and with fopen url on. I consistently get "Error validating ReCAPTCHA" message when clicking send. The form sends OK without this field published, and the ReCAPTCHA plugin works on the default Joomla form, so I know this is an issue with the CCF Captcha field implementation.

I've disabled the Joomla Recaptcha plugin and also selected "none" as the default recaptcha in global settings with no effect. I noticed there are no error messages or logs i could find in either our gateway firewall, the php_error.log file on apache or any console errors on the browser. Any suggestions on how to debug this would be appreciated (for my personal experience).

The CCF recaptcha field implementation seems excessively complex for what it needs to be, not sure if you've implemented other token checks but all that is required is inserting the following at the end of the <head> section:

Code: Select all
    <script src='https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js'></script>

and then use the following where ever you need ReCAPTCHA:

Code: Select all
    <div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="xxxxxxxx"></div>

So my workaround is to create a "Custom HTML" type field containing the above (latter) code and with the (former) script inserted into the <head> of the sites index.php.

For now i think this is an acceptable solution as it seems to have the same functionality as the ReCAPTCHA CFF field type if you set the custom html required option to 'yes'.
    wizzrah

Return to Creative Contact Form

Information