Gallery Thumbnails

Creative Gallery is a powerful gallery solution!
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:14 am

• Creative Solutions,

Created a new thread instead of hijacking

RE: Cannot Access Images for upload or gallery
    I think deleting folders out of the home section broke something as their entries may still be in the database and seems to try to create thumbnails for pictures that aren't there. Specifically, i believe create_image() at line #148 of thumbnailcreator.php is not finding an extension and therefore passing a null value to imagecopyresampled @ line #256 and is also throwing some divide by zero errors on the thumbnail height calculations.

Code: Select all
    imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in ...\thumbnailcreator.php on line 266
    Division by zero in ...\thumbnailcreator.php on line 229

I'm thinking of deleting all the pictures and starting the album again with greatly increased memory settings (and reducing this once upload is complete) unless you have another suggestion?

My other question is:

Does the thumbnail creator run every time the gallery page loads? I would think it would generate when thumbnail/layout settings were changed but seems to run a bunch (100+) of jquery scripts every time the gallery page is refreshed, along the lines of :

Code: Select all
    .../index.php?option=com_creativegallery&view=creativeajax&layout=thumbnailcreator&format=json&album_id=1&img_name=/.../media/com_creativegallery/home/tingle_table/tingle-table4.jpg&img_type=local

This is for all thumbnails in the gallery and not just the current pagination. Does having the cache off effect this?

Thanks in advance
    wizzrah

Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:38 pm

• Hi Wizzrah,

The answer to your question is yes thumbnail creator is running every time page rereshes.

But there is a smart caching enabled and the run is slowing down the page only for the first load after images are added/changed (size etc.).

After the first load every next time thumbnail creator uses older thumbnails so it is just listing the images and works very fast.

Also we are using cascaded thumbnail creations starting from 2.0 version of Creative Gallery.

So even on first load you have to wait only for those thumbnails to generate that are on the first page of your gallery.

Other pages are loading in background not harming performance (load time) of your page.
    Best Regards,

Samvel
    Samvel

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:56 am

• Hi Samvel,

Thanks for the response.

How do you enable the smart caching? I have caching enabled on the site but the scripts still seem to run after the gallery has been cached.

To be clear; the thumbnails aren't being regenerated it's just each script seems to run before any thumbnails appear. I've attached a picture of the network log for a page refresh of the gallery with cache enabled, the thumbnails show up after ~16 seconds when all of the scripts have finished.

I'm using the current 2.1.0 version of the Gallery so it would be nice to have the cascading load you mentioned.

I'm also wondering if my scripts are bugging out and causing the others to wait.

Thanks
    Attachments
    thumbnails.PNG
    thumbnails.PNG (61.79 KiB) Viewed 745 times
    wizzrah

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:43 am

• Hi Wizzrah,

Please send mi via pm a link to your website, and give access(admin access) to admin panel and ftp. I will take a look.
    Best Regards,

Samvel
    Samvel

Return to Creative Gallery

Information