Ho to remove "Click to listen highlighted text ? "

GSpeech allows to listen any text from the site!

• Hey - just bought your Plugin Pro Plugin. I am very impressed.

Ho can i remove "Click to listen highlighted text ? " - After a while my customers know this :-)

THX

Mario
    legasthenie

• I had the same thought with mine.

I don't see a way to do it through the plugin.

If you are comfortable with editing php, I *think* it was in the includes/display-functions.php file. Just do a search for it and take it out the words while leaving everything else as is. Just back up the file before you do anything else, just in case something doesn't go as expected :)

Chris
    christopher

• Now that I think more about it though, there is also a background layer you have to remove... it get's a little tricky from what I recall.

Perhaps we can just ask Simon to include the ability to remove this through the admin in a future release?

Chris
    christopher

• I also need to know how to do this, and would prefer not to hack away at the code. Just purchased the Pro+ pack for my dev team and was hoping there might already be an answer to this.

I already edited the text from the grammatically-incorrect "Click to listen highlighted text!" by adding "to the" in the middle of that phrase... would be great to have proper english grammar from the get-go, BTW. But now my superiors was this textual popup removed entirely—we still want the speaker icon.

Please advise!

FWIW, blanking that string in the file administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_gspeech.ini where I fixed the grammar did not do the trick—the background of the popup bubble still displayed.
    CATE_UO

• Well I figured it out, in case you other posters wish to know...
    in the file plugins/system/gspeech/includes/js/gspeech.js
    comment-out or remove the navigate_tooltip_basic on line# 253,
    (I replaced it with a copy of the hide_tooltip_basic line from a few lines below that, to be sure).

I tried a similar fix on the gspeech_pro.js file at line# 162 (since we upgraded to the pro) but that didn't do anything, perhaps since we had installed the pro plugin over the normal plugin (sorry I am new to joomla).

Now I only get the graphic, which seems to be what my boss wants.

Hope this helps,

Ben
    CATE_UO

Return to GSpeech

Information