Newbie to GSpeech - Queries & Humble Suggestions

GSpeech allows to listen any text from the site, and much more!

• Hi Simon, I'm currently building a web project for the Royal National College for the Blind and have purchased your Pro Plugin to give it a go as an alternative to RokTalk and Browse Aloud.

I will pass on any objective critique from the RNC to you privately via your email as I believe you have a very promising product with loads of potential.

I love the simplicity on the front end but I have a few queries/requests. I understand that some may not be possible or I'm just being thick!

1. I as a few others also think that the default setting to welcome a user on every page/page refresh is just plain annoying and just wrong. :) sorry! I would recommend changing the default to home page and play once.

2. When I place "blank" in the settings box and paste the code into the page it breaks the template and displays the code. Is there a cleaner way to do this in wordpress that I am perhaps missing? Perhaps an options panel on each page/post below the editor. If left blank nothing plays, but allow a field to input text for speech.

Code: Select all
    {gspeech style=1 language=en autoplay=1 speechtimeout=0 registered=2 hidespeaker=1}Welcome to SITENAME{/gspeech}{gspeech style=2 language=en autoplay=1 speechtimeout=0 registered=1 hidespeaker=1}Welcome REALNAME{/gspeech}

3. I would like this plugin to hook into the Wordpress Menu System so by simply ticking a box on each menu item, the info entered into the Title Attribute box is spoken when a user hovers over the menu item. Problem is with hand coding the templates is that when they are updated it's back to the drawing board.

4. When I click on the GSpeech Options title in the admin section it takes me to the Joomla page. Should it not link to http://creative-solutions.net/wordpress/gspeech or the respective section here in the forum.

5. Speaker Icons. Plenty of options, you could do away with most of them, pick 5 very clean icons and let the Admin upload their own PNGs. Also @x2 graphics for retina screens need to be addressed. I would also like to set my own bespoke size as some users with visual impairments may find the icon a little small.

As a Graphic Designer I have over 50 wordpress sites running for clients and can tinker with code but cannot programme. I depend on professionals like yourself to develop plugins that solve problems. I hope you find my requests useful. I have paid for a pro plugin regardless of my final choice of solution to this particular client problem :) Good work should be rewarded, especially when it's something that helps with accessibility needs.

Kind regards,

B
    burodefunk

• Hello,

Thanks for your excellent suggestions.

I will definitely use them on GSpeech next release.
    Best Regards,

Simon
    Simon
    Site Admin

Return to GSpeech WordPress

Information