No captions or image overlays in gallery

Creative Gallery is a powerful gallery solution!

• Dear support
    This gallery could be just what I need but is not working as expected.

1. The view and link icons boxes are empty except for a tiny dot. Enlarging the boxes to near maximum made the icons just visible.

2. The link icon doesn't seem to work.

3. When both icon boxes appear they fully overlap, which is a problem. The link icon box obscures the zoom icon underneath, preventing the ability to open the image overlay.

4. Only in one hover mode (caption 1) do the two icon boxes remain spaced apart, allowing the zoom function.

5. I created two menu items to demonstrate what happens.

- http://axetis.net.au/index.php/project-gallery/showcase-3
    Shows how the link box overlaps and disables the zoom function

- http://axetis.net.au/index.php/project-gallery/showcase-5-creative-gallery-zoom
    The link box is deactivated, enabling the zoom function

6. In the admin section there is a field for image description, yet no captions appear over the thumbnails or the overlays. I need to have captions shown with images. Is this possible?

7. Is there a way to adjust formatting of the overlay appearance? I don't see any tab for this.

I would like to make sure these features work before purchasing the paid version. Am happy to send more info to explain.
    Many thanks :)
    Scramjet

• Hi Dear User,

Sorry for late response.

I am happy to see how great our product is fit in your website.

1. The view and link icons boxes are empty except for a tiny dot. Enlarging the boxes to near maximum made the icons just visible.

2. The link icon doesn't seem to work.

3. When both icon boxes appear they fully overlap, which is a problem. The link icon box obscures the zoom icon underneath, preventing the ability to open the image overlay.

This three problems are unique problems just in your case. I will be happy to help. For that I need an access to your website. Please send me VIA PM.

Joomla Admin panel (admin username, password)
    ftp address access (address, username, password)

4. Only in one hover mode (caption 1) do the two icon boxes remain spaced apart, allowing the zoom function.

I didn't get the question please provide more details.

5. I created two menu items to demonstrate what happens.

This links are not working for now because of my late response. Please provide me one again.

6. In the admin section there is a field for image description, yet no captions appear over the thumbnails or the overlays. I need to have captions shown with images. Is this possible?

7. Is there a way to adjust formatting of the overlay appearance? I don't see any tab for this.

This Futures are planned in our next release which will be approximately in one month.
    Best Regards,

Samvel
    Samvel

• Hi again. I just checked in and noticed you have replied.

Yes I deleted those other links. Please view my current link at:
    http://www.axetis.net.au/index.php/project-gallery/portfolio

It would be good if you can find out why the gallery does not work correctly on my site.

I am happy to provide you some login details to my site. Am not sure what you meant by "Please send me VIA PM.
    ". I will send these via your Contact Us page. Let me know if you do not find it.

New Problem
    Unfortunately I have another problem now with managing albums. When the Add Images dialog window is opened, the circle goes round forever. This prevents me from adding any more images or manipulating them.

I inquired with my host, expecting there might be a server process they could terminate. They weren't able to help, but they did report an issue with broken images so I am pasting one of their replies here in case it is useful:
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hello,

I have checked this by disabling the mod security for your domain but that did not work. However the broken image issue is because the actual image file does not exists on the server. When I clicked on one broken image I got a 404 error on this image url http://www.axetis.net.au/media/com_creativegallery/home/cg_thumbnails/Mimotopes%202%20pager%20A4%20Final_Page_1.jpg . On a detailed check I found that even the folder "media/com_creativegallery/home/cg_thumbnails/Mimotopes" does not exists under your public_html.

----------------------------------------------
    Ticket ID: #127813
    Subject: Unable to stop a server process on Joomla website
    Ticket URL: https://secure.hostmetro.com/billing/viewticket.php?tid=127813&c=8qxSLotz

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I did not discover any broken images myself, but this occurred too long ago for me to remember if I tampered with anything I shouldn't.

I was wondering if reinstalling the extension might resolve this problem. I want to make some big changes to the albums I created but I prefer not to lose all the images I inserted or the album design settings I set up.

I am looking forward to your reply and to the next release of your gallery.
    Kind regards,
    Jeffrey
    Scramjet

• Dear friend, I need access to your FTP. I send you Private Message (PM).

Please reply.

Will be happy to help
    Best Regards,

Samvel
    Samvel

Return to Creative Gallery

Information