Send Me a Copy Not Sending

Creative Contact Form is a responsive jQuery contact form with amazing visual effects. You will be surprised by count of all the possible features!
Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:07 pm

• Using the checkbox CSS Simon suggested (for Joomla where my template CSS doesn't work with the Creative form unless an adjustment is made) I have been able to align the checkbox properly in Send Me a Copy. But checking it does not work -- the copy is not sent.

I have tested this a couple of different ways.

Before applying the CSS the actual checkbox appears as a little vertical line and the formatted Creative form checkbox looks normal, but not where it should be.

If you check the actual checkbox (the line) the copy of the mail is sent. However, if you check the Creative version (either with or without the CSS) the copy is not sent.

Here is a screenshot that illustrates what I am describing:

Here is the CSS added to the form template (White Template 2):
    .ttr_checkbox {
    display: none !important;
    }

So -- it seems the added CSS does place the checkbox correctly in the form, but doesn't give it the functionality to send the copy of the email.

I saw a previous forum message that described a similar problem and the reply was that the issue was being fixed, so I logged into my account and downloaded the most recent creativecontactform_bus_pack_4.6.0 file, and installed it into my site. The form is not sending the copy.

Thanks for your help.
    dveaner

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:22 pm

• Dear Customer

Please give us url to see the problem.

Just for your information, sometimes copies are being stuck in SPAM folder or being filtered by different email clients. Anyway give us URL to get back to you with more useful information.

Thanks
    Best Regards
    Levon

CreativeSolutions
    Levon

Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:14 am

• Here are two examples from our main site:

http://www.lansingstar.com/contact-form
    http://www.lansingstar.com/send-a-letter-to-the-editor

I am aware of the spam folder issue -- as far as I can tell that is not the issue. I have experienced this on other sites using Creative forms as well, and have done the test where you can check the little line, but not the formatted checkbox on two or three different sites.

Also keep in mind -- I DO get the mail if I check the little line, but do not get it if I check the box. So the spam folder is definitely not the issue.
    dveaner

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:35 pm

• Dear Customer

Now I see in your website checkbox is appearing normally.
    Have you changed something?
    Best Regards
    Levon

CreativeSolutions
    Levon

Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:31 pm

• Yes, I added the CSS that Simon recommended last June -- this is a live site so I needed it to align. But I just made a copy of the form without the CSS for you to experiment with - sorry, I should have done that to start with: http://www.lansingstar.com/form-test

I had a problem that the checkbox was not aligning using my site template. He recommended this CSS to align text, radio buttons and checkboxes and it works well for aligning text and checkboxes (not working for radio buttons, but I don't really use them in my forms so I never did follow up). So visually the checkboxes do work, but functionally they do not seem to be working:

.creativecontactform_input_element input.creative_input_reset {
    height: 18px !important;
    }
    .ttr_radio {
    }
    .ttr_checkbox {
    }

On the new form, try checking the little line to the left and slightly above the checkbox -- that is the real checkbox, and it works -- I just tested it.

Thanks,

Dan
    dveaner

Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:34 pm

• Here is another example of the checkbox not working, using your all elements demo on one of my sites: http://www.lansingstarwebdesign.com/test-form

Try filling it out, including checking Agree with terms and conditions. When you try to send the email, it does not send, because it thinks Terms and Conditions is not checked.

Here is an example using your complex contact form using my template plus one of the default Joomla templates:

http://www.lansingstarwebdesign.com/index.php/test-form-2
    http://www.lansingstarwebdesign.com/index.php/test-form-2?template=protostar

If you use the version using my template the checkboxes and radio buttons do not work.

If you use the version with the Joomla prostar template, they do work (including sending a copy of the email). However, I could not get the test form's "Agree with terms and conditions" checkbox to work -- is that because of the way it is set up in the example?

Also, while the CSS for checkboxes is aligning the checkboxes in my template, the CSS for radio buttons that Simon suggested is not:

.ttr_radio {
    }

Can you suggest something else that will align radio buttons?

I do understand that the alignment issue has to do with my templates, which I have been making with the Templatetoaster tool, and I understand that is why I need the additional CSS to align them. But I don't understand why checkboxes and radio buttons aren't working.

Sorry this got so long -- I wanted to give you as much information as possible. I really do need to use the Templatetoaster templates, so I am hoping to get them to work together.
    dveaner

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:17 am

• Dear Customer

.ttr_radio {
    display: none;
    }

Please add this to custom CSS in form options.
    Best Regards
    Levon

CreativeSolutions
    Levon

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:10 pm

• Levon,

Thanks very much -- this CSS does work to align the radio buttons.

However, the functionality problem still exists -- in this test form I checked "Meeting Registration Notice" and "Members Only news and updates" and I chose "Maybe" with the radio buttons. F\"Free monthly newsletter is marked "selected" in the form field setup, but I UNchecked it when I tested the form. The email did not send my choices, and it did not send me a copy.

Here is the email I received from the form(I obviously changed the email address, but the rest is exactly as I received it):

Name: Dan Veaner
    Your E-mail Address: me@myemail.com
    Subject: Testing With levon's CSS
    Are you signing up for (please check all that apply): Free Monthly Newsletter
    Is this a test?:
    Your Message:
    testing with the CSS suggested by Levon for radio buttons.

This does align.

Test will tell if it functions.

Page Title: Form test 2
    Page Url: http://www.lansingstar.com/form-test-2

Thanks again for your help.

Dan
    dveaner

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:35 pm

• I have been pursuing this issue both here and with TemplateToaster support. This morning, TT support suggested a fix that works, so I am posting it here for any other Creative Forms users who also use TemplateToaster. When creating a template in TT:

Go To TemplateToaster -> Elements -> Checkbox -> Select the is default option.
    Go To TemplateToaster -> Elements -> Radio Button -> Select the is default option.

Export the template and import into Joomla.

In Joomla, this CSS in the form may be needed to align text in text fields (adjust height number as appropriate):

.creativecontactform_input_element input.creative_input_reset {
    height: 18px !important;
    }

The CSS suggested above in this forum thread for radio buttons and checkboxes (ttr_radio and ttr_checkbox) should not be used. For some reason -- I am not sure why -- using it disables the functionality of the radio buttons and checkboxes, and it is not needed for alignment when you make those two settings in TT.

Tested on two of my sites so far -- works perfectly. Levon, thanks for your help on this. The problem is solved!
    dveaner

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 pm

• Dear Customer

You are always welcome!
    Best Regards
    Levon

CreativeSolutions
    Levon

Return to Creative Contact Form

Information