Reply To Email Address problem

Creative Contact Form is a responsive jQuery contact form with amazing visual effects. You will be surprised by count of all the possible features!
Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:50 pm

• Hi,
    I just created my first form and everything's working great, except for the "email from" address... No way to get this address associated to the user's one in a completed form.... Tooltip says that if this field is leaved "blank", than the user's address (the one compiling the form) will be used... The same tooltip says that if the fileld is leaved empty, that the global configuration will be used...., What's the difference between "blank" and "empty" configuring the form? Each time i try to answer a mail incoming from CCF, i only get the sites' email and not the user's one (needing to manually change the address each time)...
    Except for this, it's an excellent addons for joomla....
    Somewhere in the forum i saw that the Business version also includes the feature of multi page forms... Is there a way to upgrade from professional to business version?
    Thanks!
    mariusmarolla

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 pm

• Hello,

In first versions of CCF Email From was being set to user inputted email.
    But since version 3.2.0 we have changed that, and now Email From is being set to value specified in email options, or if it is empty, to email set in global configuration. It is done to allow CCF to send any kind of emails, and not be depended on user inputted email value. That is correct way.

With Regards to Reply To email, it is being set to user inputted email so when you click Reply, you should answer to your user directly.

With Regards to BUSINESS version, you can upgrade to it, and pay the difference. Price will be calculated automatically.
    Best Regards,

Simon
    Simon
    Site Admin

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:38 pm

• Hi Simon,
    thankyou for your fast answer... No way to get the "Replay Address" to be the one the user inputed in the email field (also analyzing the mail server log, the address remains the one of joomla global configuration...)
    I'm trying over again and figuring out where the matter could be...
    By the way, i upgraded to business version... Thankyou for your good work!
    mariusmarolla

Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:28 pm

• Hi,

If you left Reply To email address option blank in form options, it will set it to user inputted email, so you will reply to that email address. Only if user leave the email field empty, than CCF will set Reply To email to email set in global config.

Please check your CCF email settings. You should specify only Email To address. Other fields should be empty.
    Best Regards,

Simon
    Simon
    Site Admin

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:02 am

• Hi, I have only the 'Email To (recipient)' field filled, 'Reply to Email' is blank (...and empty!), and even when the user fills in their email address on the form it is still not used as the reply to address, it is still using my global configuration address, any idea how to fix?

Joomla 3.6.4
    CCF Pro 4.5.0
    Ricky4001

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:11 pm

• Dear Customer

Please send us admin access to your platform we will see what can we do.
    info@creative-solutions.net
    Best Regards
    Levon

CreativeSolutions
    Levon

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:55 pm

• Guys, I love your Creative Contact form component, however, I implore you to change the "blank" vs "empty" language in your instructions. Perhaps clarify who is leaving "blank" and who is leaving "empty", allowing the developer to understand.

Also, I do find myself using other form components that DO allow the "FROM" email to be the user submitter's address. For a lot of my clients, that actually matters, which forces me to not use Creative Contact form for those clients, unfortunately. If there was a way to correct that functionality, I will be very happy to use your form for every one of my clients.

Thanks for developing this great form. :)
    carentz

Return to Creative Contact Form

Information